Breast Lift in Miami Beach, FL
Revive the youthfulness of your figure with a Breast Lift by Dr. Gabriel Salloum in Miami Beach, FL. Our expert mastopexy procedure elevates and reshapes your breasts, restoring their natural beauty and enhancing your overall silhouette.
Uplifting Beauty with Breast Lift Benefits
A Breast Lift by Dr. Gabriel Salloum is more than a cosmetic change; it’s a step towards rejuvenating your figure. This procedure elevates sagging breasts, enhancing your silhouette and boosting your self-esteem. It’s a transformative experience that brings a youthful contour and symmetry to your body.
The Breast Lift raises sagging breasts, giving them a perky, youthful look that rejuvenates your entire figure.
By correcting asymmetries, the surgery creates a harmonious breast shape, contributing to a more balanced and attractive physique.
The uplifted and reshaped breasts contribute to a more proportionate figure, enhancing your overall appearance and self-confidence.
Restore your youth with a Breast Lift
Childbirth, gravity, and the natural aging process can all take a toll on a woman’s breasts. Over time, these factors lead not only to physical changes, like a sagging, deflated appearance in the bust, but also to self-esteem and confidence issues. For these reasons, many women choose to address their aging breasts with breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy. This effective cosmetic surgery is performed to dramatically improve the contour and appearance of sagging breasts.
What is Breast Lift Surgery?
A breast lift is a surgical procedure designed to create more youthful breasts. Dr. Salloum performs this procedure by trimming excess breast skin, reshaping and lifting the breast tissue, and reducing the areola.
Women who want to rejuvenate the appearance of their breasts after breastfeeding, weight fluctuations (massive weight loss), and the aging process may find this procedure to be a great option. In fact, breast lifts have grown in popularity in the last two decades and now surpass augmentation with breast implants by almost double.
However, many women choose to have both a breast lift and an augmentation procedure performed simultaneously. Others opt to have a breast reduction in combination with a breast lift in Miami Beach. Most women are very pleased with the result as it provides a firmer, more youthful-looking breast shape and contour.
CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Why Choose to Get a Breast Lift in Miami Beach?
Just as with most cosmetic surgeries, there are numerous reasons a woman may seek out mastopexy. As women age, their breasts lose firmness due to a number of factors, including:
- Pregnancy – This causes a woman’s breasts to fill out and get heavier, which can put a strain on the ligaments, causing them to stretch. While breastfeeding is often attributed to sagging breasts post-childbirth, the pregnancy itself and the changes it causes in the breasts also affect breast sagging.
- Weight Changes – It’s natural for a woman’s weight to ebb and flow throughout her life. These fluctuations, however, can make the skin on the breasts stretch and become less elastic, eventually causing the breasts to sag.
- Gravity – Gravity is a major factor in aging. Over time, gravity pulls down on the ligaments of the breasts, giving them a droopy appearance.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Mastopexy?
Women who have lost volume or shape in their breasts or find that their nipples fall below the breast crease and point downward may be good candidates for mastopexy. A woman may also want to consider mastopexy if one breast is lower than the other or if the areolae have stretched out of proportion to the breasts.
Mastopexy can be performed on women with small or large breasts. The effects of the surgery tend to last longer in women with smaller breasts since the weight and gravity pull is less than with larger breasts. However, breast lift surgery isn’t for everyone.
Women considering becoming pregnant again might want to put off the procedure until after they are done having children. Pregnancy may stretch the breasts again and undo the effects of the breast lift. Getting a breast lift before becoming pregnant may also make it more difficult to produce sufficient milk.
Cosmetic surgeries such as mastopexy should be performed only on individuals who are generally in good health and are non-smokers. Smoking can impair healing. So, if you do smoke, you’ll need to stop three weeks prior to surgery.
Breast Lift Before and After Pictures
*All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
The Breast Lift Consultation
Scheduling an initial consultation at our Miami Beach facility is an important part of the breast lift planning process. During this meeting with Dr. Salloum, he’ll ask you questions about your medical history, including any current or past medical conditions, mammogram results, and breast biopsies. If you have a history of breast cancer, be sure to share this with the doctor.
The doctor will then perform a breast examination to determine the right treatment option. He will consider the position of your nipples and areolae, as well as the size and shape of your breasts and your skin quality. A more elastic skin will lead to enhanced, long-lasting results.
In addition to reviewing your medical history and undergoing a physical examination, you can expect to discuss your surgical goals during the consultation. It’s important for Dr. Salloum to know why you want a breast lift and your expectations from the surgery. The surgeon will then go over the surgical risks and benefits unique to you and your body.
Preparing for Breast Lift Surgery
Dr. Salloum may recommend that you schedule a mammogram both prior to surgery and afterward. These screenings help the surgeon notice any changes that may occur within the breast tissue.
In preparation for surgical procedures in Miami Beach, including mastopexy, patients must stop smoking at least several weeks before surgery, as smoking can impair healing. Aspirin and similar medications should be avoided two weeks before surgery to reduce the risk of excessive bleeding and other complications.
Make sure to arrange for a friend or family member to drive you to and from your procedure. It’s best to have someone stay with you during the initial stages of the recovery time as tasks such as hair washing can be difficult.
Patients should also be at a stable weight prior to undergoing breast lift surgery in Miami Beach. If you have lost weight recently, try to maintain a regular exercise regimen and diet to keep your weight from fluctuating.
What are the Risks of Mastopexy Surgery?
Breast lift surgery poses few risks when it is performed by a licensed and board-certified plastic surgeon. However, as with all surgeries, there are possible risks and complications, including:
|Scarring||Anesthesia complications||Loss of nipple sensation|
|Breast asymmetry||Infection||Breastfeeding difficulty|
The Mastopexy Procedure
Breast lifts are typically performed as an outpatient procedure. Dr. Salloum performs this surgery at his accredited medical facility in Miami Beach.
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia. Dr. Salloum will go over the type of anesthesia to be used during the consultation. He will also discuss the specific technique that he’ll use to perform your mastopexy.
Typically, the procedure takes about two to three hours to complete. The incision techniques commonly used to perform breast lift surgery include:
- Anchor Lift – The anchor-shaped incision looks like an upside-down “T.” This technique is used when a large amount of lifting and reshaping is needed. It is also the method that is typically used when breast reduction is combined with mastopexy. The technique requires three incisions: one incision is made vertically from the bottom of the areola down to the crease of the breast, one along the breast crease, and one all the way around the areola.
- Lollipop Lift – This incision pattern surrounds the edge of the areola and extends down to the crease of the breast. It is also called the “keyhole” incision. This method is used when sagging is moderate. The lollipop lift is a favorite technique of many plastic surgeons since scarring is minimal and easy to hide.
- Crescent Lift – This method uses an incision at the top of the areola and is often used together with breast implants or when minimal lifting is required.
- Doughnut – This technique achieves moderate lift and can reduce the size of the areola by making an incision around the edge of the areola. Experienced surgeons prefer this method, along with the crescent, when performing breast augmentation in combination with a breast lift.
Breast Lift Recovery
To aid in recovery after a breast lift in Miami Beach, patients are instructed to wear a surgical support bra for about four days, followed by another, softer bra to support the new contours of the breasts. Tubes will be placed in the incision sites temporarily to drain blood and fluid.
For about two weeks after the surgery, the breasts will appear bruised and swollen. Pain at the incision sites is normal, and the incisions themselves will stay pink for several months after the procedure. The nipples and areolae may be numb for up to two months.
In the first few days of the healing process, patients should take pain medication as instructed by Dr. Salloum. After a few days, the drainage tubes are typically removed, and the bandages are changed. Exercise and sex should be avoided for at least two weeks after breast lift surgery, or as directed by Dr. Salloum. The surgeon will instruct you when normal activities like bathing can be resumed.
Why should I choose Dr. Gabriel Salloum?
- Dr. Salloum is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery
- Specializes in reconstructive surgery, as well as ultrasound-assisted liposuction, facial restructuring, and body contouring
- More than 13 years of experience performing plastic surgery
- Passionate about helping men and women meet their cosmetic goals and become more confident in their own skin
- Provides natural-looking cosmetic results
- Takes the time to get to know each patient and answers any questions before creating a unique surgical plan
- Offers a full range of plastic surgical procedures, including facelifts, upper arm lift surgery, body contouring, liposuction, tummy tucks, thigh lifts, Brazilian butt lifts, and breast reconstruction
- Has achieved a large number of 4.5 and 5-star reviews on Yelp, Vitals, RealSelf, and Google
- Named a New York Times Best Plastic Surgeon