Also known as lipoplasty, liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, improving your body’s shape, contours, and proportion. Using a canulla (a tubular suction device), which is inserted into a small incision in the skin, fat can be vacuum suctioned from the area in which the patient would desire for shape to be restored. Liposuction can help restore physique and body tone after years of age or trauma related cellulite buildup on the legs, upper arm regions, chin, buttocks, and stomach. There are various methods and treatments for liposuction, but this outpatient procedure often requires the use of anesthesia to sedate the patient during this commonly requested surgery. For larger volumes of fat or for fibrous body areas, Dr. Salloum, a plastic surgeon in Miami, may use an alternative method of ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty (UAL) to transform the fat for easier removal by suctioning. With a proper diet and exercise regimen, the results of liposuction are often permanent, and can improve self-esteem due to a return of a restored, youthful body tone.
The Miami Center for Plastic Surgery provides honest and realistic assessments for patients seeking to restore a more desirable silhouette and body proportion. Our offices will educate our patients during consultation of any risk factors of this often low-risk procedure, and ensure your recovery time is minimal and as pain-free as possible following your surgery. We also extend extensive care and treatment following your liposuction procedure, and to minimize any scarring or noticeable abrasion to the area of incision. Restoring a natural looking body image is our upmost goal in performing this procedure.
Among his many services, Dr. Salloum also performs Miami breast enhancement, facelifts and rhinoplasty.
- Body assessment: Whether you desire to target one specific area or multiple regions of your body, Dr. Salloum, one of the top plastic surgeons in Miami, can assess the best and most effective methods for restoring contour and shape to your body.
- Minimal scarring: We try to ensure that your recovery and post-surgical care will minimize scarring and swelling from the area of incision, and to provide a long-lasting natural appearance.
- Medical options: Some candidates of liposuction and body reshaping can qualify for our ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty, which is an external, non-surgical method of breaking down cellulite using ultrasound waves.
- Outpatient / Inpatient options
- Surgical liposuction (using vacuum removal)
- External ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty
We encourage those interested in plastic surgery to contact the Miami Center for Plastic Surgery for more information on scheduling a complimentary and confidential consultation, and learning about your plastic surgery options. Call the Miami Center for Plastic Surgery today at 305.405.6910, or click here to complete our confidential contact form.